Another year-end and another opportunity to celebrate BIG accomplishments on the DrugBank team.
With 2021 over, it’s a great time to reflect on all the achievements our team has made this year. Amid a continuous global pandemic, DrugBank improved our product offerings, grew our team, and expanded our industry reach. None of this would have been possible without support from our customers, community, grant funders, and investors.
There’s a lot we’re proud of, but here are some of our favourite highlights. In 2021, we:
- Expanded into 8 new regions: Singapore, Austria, Colombia, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Thailand, and Turkey.
- Introduced the Drug Allergy Module and improved our US Drug Label information.
- Improved our drug search offerings with the medication search plug-in and ingredient name search.
- Launched our Affiliate Partnerships program.
- Received Canada's Tech Network Soft Landing Grant to complete an exciting new marketing initiative.
- Received an IRAP Grant to increase curation and product value by incorporating NLU and other machine-learning solutions.
- Were a track sponsor for Edmonton Startup Week and a keynote sponsor for Startup Edmonton's Student DevCon.
- Sponsored HackED Beta and HackED.
- Officially became a Great Place to Work via the GPTW Certification Program and won Best Startup Workplace at the inaugural YEG Startup Community Awards.
- Introduced additional PTO to our team, including monthly Rest & Rejuvenation Days and a week-long holiday break.
- Welcomed 13 new team members to DrugBank.
- Watched our co-founders speak on the Healthcare Goes Digital podcast about advancing drug discovery with intelligent data.
- Tuned in when our CEO, Mike, was a panel member on Edmonton Global’s Leveraging AI for Drug Discovery webinar.
- Were highlighted by CBC and Alberta Innovates as success stories within Alberta tech.
- Participated in Alberta Innovates' new Product ScaleUp Pilot Program.
- Learned a lot when our People & Culture Manager spoke on a Startup Edmonton panel about getting hired at a tech company during a pandemic.
From all of us here at DrugBank, we are wishing you the best in the New Year, and thank you for being part of our journey!
Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest news and updates from DrugBank.