A Year in Review: DrugBank’s 2020 Highlights
Happy New Year from our team here at DrugBank!
When we authored our year in review at the end of 2019, we couldn’t have predicted what was to come for 2020. It’s been an incredibly challenging year for most folks around the globe with COVID-19 impacting the world’s health. While we are fortunate to be working in an industry that has seen substantial growth during the pandemic, we know that’s not the case for all of our friends. We recognize the challenges many have had to endure over the past year and appreciate the good fortune our team has been afforded.
2020 might go down in history as the ‘year we all stayed home,’ but it’s also one that our company will remember as a year of unprecedented progress, and celebration-worthy milestones. Take a look at our 2020 highlights below:
- DrugBank turned 5 years old! We officially spun DrugBank out of the University of Alberta in December 2015, and have been so busy growing our team we nearly forgot about this important milestone. We were able to have a belated celebration virtually with our team at our recent holiday party.
- We more than tripled the size of our team.
- We released a ton of new features in our Winter 2020 release. The new features include a similar indications lookup, duplicate therapy checker, filtering genetics, web token authentication, demo apps repository, and a number of additional improvements.
- We closed an oversubscribed investment round.
- We won a $125,000 investment from Startup TNT.
- We graduated from Creative Destruction Labs - West.
- Our biocuration team authored a COVID-19 white paper, which ultimately evolved into an up-to-date COVID-19 research dashboard.
- We won a grant from Differential Ventures for our work supporting COVID-19 research.
- DrugBank was cited 3,410 times including more than 700 citations in COVID-19 related research publications, including this one. You can find a lot of the research citing DrugBank here.
- Our team traveled to Santa Clara, California to attend the Precision Medicine World Conference in January 2020 as well as several virtual conferences.
- We launched several white papers and webinars to highlight our amazing customers and the impact they make every day. You can find our webinars here and our white papers here.
- DrugBank gave back to our community by donating to 12 charities across Canada and the United States.
- Our website was visited from 240 territories and countries.
- We now have customers in more than 24 countries.
- We launched our new and improved API portal with updated branding and more effective tools for tracking and understanding your API usage!
Be sure to follow us on social media to stay up to date on all of 2021 news!
Facebook: http://facebook.com/drugBankDatabase (@DrugBank)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/drugbankdb (@DrugBankDB)