Reflecting back on 2022, we saw our biggest year of growth yet! From offering more products to designing a workplace that wins award after award and finalizing a successful raise, we’ve set ourselves up for 2023 in the best way possible. While we aren’t quite ready to announce our plans for next year, we hope this hints at what’s to come.
There’s a lot to be proud of, but here are some of our favourite 2022 highlights
- Ranked 19th overall in Canada’s Best Places to Work
- Won the best workplace for inclusion, women, tech, and Alberta
- Won the Most Edmonton Startup award
- Built and released 4 new Clinical API plugins, which allows you to go from ideation to development in no time.
- Secured $9M in seed funding and gained an experienced investment team as our partners.
- Released our series, Implementation Guides, to help users integrate our Clinical API faster and easier.
- Released two new eBooks: The Little Book of Big Changes in AI-Powered Drug Discovery and Your Guide to Quality Drug Data.
- Announced a partnership with ASHP, which continues efforts to improve health outcomes through data accessibility.
- Showcased groundbreaking research in the academic community in our Powered by DrugBank Academic series.
- Produced a number of customer stories which highlight the unique way companies implement our data.
- Launched our Thriving Lifestyle Compensation Plan, prioritizing equity and fairness for our team.
- Grew the DrugBank team by 65%, bringing on key hires and new friends.
- Attended our first in-person conferences since 2020: Discovery Europe and IX Congreso Científico Internacional UNIANDES in Ecuador.
- We sponsored the Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Symposium and AI Week, and sat on a founders panel with Amii.
- Our CEO, Mike Wilson, sat down with Fierce Biotech and other industry experts to discuss how artificial intelligence is improving the discovery of novel drugs.
- Chatted with folks from Startup TNT on fundraising to help aspiring entrepreneurs while giving insights to A100 Accelerate Backstage students on how to become one.
- Our Product Director, Julie Xu, sat down with Shift by AI x Inventures podcast to discuss DrugBank's impact on biomedical data and the future of healthcare technology.
- Our CTO, Craig Knox, presented on The Challenges and Promise of Artificial Intelligence in Drug Development during the CureSearch for Children's Cancer Summit.
- We attended DevCon 2023 where our Director of People & Culture, Shay Barker, shared tips on how to thrive at your first tech job.
- Our Director of People & Culture shared her insights on how DrugBank became a diverse and inclusive workplace at the Rainforest Alberta - yeg Summit.
From all of us at DrugBank, thank you for being part of our journey and we wish you all the best in the New Year!
Be sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our mailing list to stay up-to-date on all our news and updates throughout the year.